Redeem Offer Code
Redeem Gift Voucher
Brilliant service fabulous plants, even though the delivery man couldnt deliver on the first day as I was at work the plants arrived on the second day and in far better condition than I have received things from the bigger companies and the plants you can see without having a magnifiying glass to look at them well done to everyone at Victoriana its a joy to place an order and when it arrives its better than Christmas.
Mrs F Darvill, High Wycombe
A lovely herb to grow in your garden with many uses.
- Can reach 6 feet (2 metres) high.
- Prefers shade.
Supplied as a pot grown plant grown in a 7cm pot.
This Product is Available Now.
1 or more £2.25
each. Group & quantity discounts
A flavoursome useful plant that gives a very pleasant taste to the palate if a few crushed leaves are added to Whisky! A yeasty celery aroma arises which is quite delightful. Lovage also makes a pleasant cordial.
It is a member of the carrot family.
- Umbels of yellow flowers July - August.
- Reaches 4 - 6 foot 6" (1.2 - 2 metres) tall.
- Likes deep, rich soil but will tolerate stony soil.
- Prefers some shade.
- Not suitable for growing indoors.
- Dies back completely in Winter.
- Culinary Uses.
- Stems can be used as you would celery with cheese, in soups, stews or as a roast vegetable to accompany the Sunday joint.
- Good in salad and cream cheese.
- Stems can be candied.
- Used to make liquers.
- Medicinal Uses.
- Used for treating upset stomachs and tummy ache.
- Roots can be used to treat ulcers, bronchitis.
- Can be used for menstrual pain and cystitis.
- Can be used in the bath to relieve skin irritation.
- Apparently if you chew the dried root it will increase your level of alertness.
- Can be used to treat colic (including young children), indigestion.
- Can increase appetite.
- It is said to be a blood cleanser.
- Can be used to treat bad coughs as it will loosen phlegm.
- Can be used as an eye bath to treat sore eyes.
- Other Uses.
- Is used in perfume making.
- Attracts beneficial insects.
As with all alternative medicines and plants with purported medicinal benefits it is important to inform your health care providers that you are using them; this helps to ensure safe and coordinated care. We can accept no liability for any side effect or contingency from any allergy or any other cause or harm that may arise. If in doubt please do consult a medical practitioner before using. Do not take whilst you are pregnant.
We currently have no articles related to this product.